Tuesday, September 15, 2009

a little scared....

So here are some of my fears about going to Ukraine:

1. I won't have hot sauce readily available to dump on everything and anything I eat.
2. I won't be able to make "That's what she said" jokes.
3. I won't be around other Red Sox/baseball fans. 
4. I won't be able to blast gangster rap.
5. I will have to hide my tattoo for a long time.

Okay I have some real fears too, like about successfully learning the language, fitting in with my community, teaching, the distance from home, lack of communication with friends and family, etc etc. It's easier right now to think about those silly unimportant fears--makes me less nervous/scared about going. I think I am trying to look at my departure as this hilarious thing that is happening, not a really sad thing. I mean it's great and I am so SO excited to go on this adventure. There is nothing else right now that I want to do with my life. But still, it sucks to be leaving.

I don't get this blog thing. Is it like a livejournal? I don't think people want that. My journals are weird. And definitely private. I also tend to draw bizarre pictures. I recently found a little sketch book from my childhood with some REALLY disturbing drawings. One of them was a picture of some weird serpent creature with breasts on its hips, and some liquid coming out of the breasts, and that liquid is falling into the mouths of these little floating heads. Oh and also there is a giant X over the entire drawing. I mean, really. That's bad news. I drew that when I was a little child. What is wrong with me?!?! Should I have written that here? YIKES.

No comments:

Post a Comment